The Public Relations Department is tasked with maintaining and publicizing the character of the HCCI. The PR Department provides for the widest appropriate dissemination of information to the media and general public concerning HCCI activities. It also communicates with concerned organizations and takes part in organizing various projects and programs that promote HCCI and the business community. In line with the vision of the Board of Directors, the PR Department further fosters social responsibility in most of the activities carried out. The Department depends on a reservoir of professional contacts that the HCCI has built over decades. This reservoir was boasted further after the Board of Directors elections in July 2011.
Key Tasks the Department Performs:
- Creating press releases on all local and international activities that the HCCI carries out or takes part in.
- Taking part in the organization of various activities such as workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Participating in the organization and implementation of training workshops (in coordination with the CEO and directors of concerned departments, or occasionally with other bodies and institutions).
- Monitoring all HCCI publications (in coordination with the relevant departments).
- Building relationships with local institutions and promoting cooperation in various fields. Through this tally of relations, HCCI seeks cooperation agreements and memoranda of understanding so as to institutionalize relationships with the various local agencies.
The HCCI concluded a number of agreements with local organizations, including:
Palestine Polytechnic University
Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
Palestinian Shippers' Council